Tremor Video’s VideoHub Receives Continued MRC Accreditation for Video Viewability Metric
June 04, 2014
Also Accredited for Four Other Metrics Related to Brand Performance
Tremor Video, Inc. (NYSE:TRMR), an advertising technology company elevating brand performance across all screens for the world’s leading brands and publishers, today announced its patented technology, VideoHub® has received continuation of its accreditation by the Media Rating Council (MRC) for five metrics that help brand marketers, media agencies, and publishers measure the accuracy and effectiveness of digital video advertising. The five metrics are Average Viewability Percentage, Engagement, Clicks, Served Digital Video Impressions and Unique Cookies. In May 2013, VideoHub became the first digital video technology to receive MRC accreditation specifically for a video viewability metric. Tremor Video will also seek accreditation for the standard viewable video impression as defined by the MRC.
“Precise and transparent viewability measurement throughout the entire duration of an ad is a fundamental requirement for realizing the full promise of a screen-agnostic brand advertising landscape.” said Bill Day, CEO of Tremor Video. "Receiving continued MRC accreditation for our viewability methodology underscores our steadfast commitment to bringing transparency and effectiveness to TV advertisers as they leverage the benefits of video everywhere."
MRC is an independent non-profit industry organization whose primary mission is to ensure valid, reliable and effective audience-measurement services. MRC accreditation certifies that VideoHub’s procedures and accredited metrics adhere to the Minimum Standards for Media Rating Research published by the MRC, the Ad Impressions and Click Measurement Guidelines published by the Interactive Adverting Bureau (IAB), and the proposed Viewable Ad Impression Measurement Guidelines published by the MRC and IAB.
“Tremor Video once again has demonstrated its leadership and commitment to quality and transparency through the continuation of MRC accreditation for these key VideoHub metrics,” said George W. Ivie, Executive Director and CEO of MRC. “We congratulate Tremor Video for meeting the rigorous standards that are required for this achievement.”
Accreditation applies to the following five metrics, which advertisers and agencies can access through Tremor Video’s VideoHub:
- Average Viewability Percentage - “Average Viewability Percentage” is available for ads appearing in video players that contain IAB VAST/VPAID tags. It represents the average percentage of the video ad that is viewable on the browser screen, as measured at specifically defined time intervals during the video play event. VideoHub’s technology can measure browser size, browser position, video player position on the browser page, and video player size, and also filters for fraudulent and/or non-human activity using advanced algorithms and IAB lists.
- Engagement Rate - For interactive ad units, VideoHub measures “Engagement,” which is defined as when a user: a) clicks on an interactive slate within the ad unit, for example, to see additional branded content or other videos; or b) rolls over a trigger on the ad unit for 3 seconds or longer. Tremor Video’s Super Pre-Roll ad unit is one example.
- Clicks - VideoHub measures clicks that occur when a user clicks on a video ad while it is playing. VideoHub follows the IAB Click Measurement Guidelines in these measurements, with the goal of ensuring that click rates reflect only intentional activity among consumers and not fraudulent activity by robots or spiders.
- Served Digital Video Impressions - VideoHub measures served impressions per the IAB Digital Video Ad Measurement Guidelines, which means impressions are counted only after initiation of the stream, post-buffering, while also using filtration for fraudulent and/or non-human activity.
- Unique Cookies Reach- VideoHub makes a filtered count of unique cookies that represent unduplicated instances of access to video ads during a measurement period.
These metrics are available to Tremor Video’s clients in the U.S., U.K. and Canada.
About Tremor Video
Tremor Video (NYSE: TRMR) is transforming the video advertising experience across all screens for the world’s leading brands. Our patented technology, VideoHub®, offers advertisers and publishers a complete programmatic solution to reach and engage consumers while providing new insights into what drives the success of brand advertising performance across multiple devices. Tremor Video is based in New York with offices throughout the US and across the globe. For more information, visit tremorvideo.com and find Tremor Video on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that could cause actual results and the timing of certain events to differ materially from those set forth in or implied by such forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, any statements concerning future plans of Tremor Video, or any anticipated benefits related to new products, technology or services or enhancements to the features or functionality of Tremor Video’s existing products, technology or services. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include: the impact of technological development and competition; market acceptance of Tremor Video’s products or services; design, manufacturing or software defects; changes in client preferences or demands; changes in industry standards and interfaces; global economic conditions; as well as other factors detailed from time to time in the reports Tremor Video files with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance or events and investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statement. Furthermore, forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made, and, except as required by law, Tremor Video disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances.
Tremor Video Corporate Communications