May 7, 2020
2020 was already proving to be a challenging year for ad tech. The introduction of privacy legislation like CCPA and the announcement of the planned elimination of third-party cookies were poised to have a major impact on digital advertising—well before COVID-19 flipped everything on its head. The impact and lessons we are learning from this experience are dynamically changing the way brands and advertisers engage with consumers.
Now more than ever, it’s important for you to understand what your consumers expect, and what will keep them engaged. In this presentation, Tremor Video and Unruly’s analytics and insights experts, Devin Fallon and Terence Scroope, uncover how brands and agencies should:
- Navigate consumer behavior in light of the recent privacy changes and in the current media landscape
- Leverage the value exchange between brands and consumers
- Explore what strategies should be implemented now and how to plan ahead
Here are some key takeaways from the presentation:
- 72% of viewers are familiar with advertiser abilities to target and customize messaging to them
- 50%+ of viewers are comfortable with ads relying on a variety of customization factors outside of personal information
- Modern streaming video consumers understand and appreciate the explicit value exchange of free, ad-supported/rewarded content
- 63% of audiences provided a positive opinion of rewarded ad experiences, and this understanding may translate to more positive perceptions of ads in AVOD environments
- Mobile and CTV environments, largely cookie-free to begin with, are inherently less susceptible to the challenges introduced by cookie deprecation
- Understanding the motivations and emotional state of your audiences is a vital element to ensuring your brand is going to stand out and thrive
CLICK HERE for more insights and trends that define these challenging times.